Welcome to Papa Bear Strength.
I have decided to do this for the sake of accountability and to give me an excuse to research all of the things I find interesting. Hopefully I can even get my wife (Mama Bear) to get her fitness log on her so this can be a family endevour. Currently she is roughly 3 months pregnant (w/ Gummy Bear) but more on that later.
There are many blogs and websites solely devoted to weight training or yoga or running that involve ignoring your life except for that one facet. This is not an option for the normal everyday person who wants to be strong or fit. We can't work out twice a day 6 days a week. We have jobs, families, other interests, and maybe even a friend outside of the gym. Personally, I work full time (normally overtime), am a full time student, am married, and have a baby on the way. THE POINT IS YOU CAN FIT THIS IN YOUR SCHEDULE. Also I will not tell you to buy this or that supplement and powder and $300 peice of equipment because I can't afford it. My idea of splurging in buying a coffee when I stop to put gas in the truck...
This being said I am not a guru. I am not competing in the world's strongest man nor do I have abs like Dan Green. To qoute Einstein "I am just passionately interested." I will not tell anyone they are a idiot or they should do x workout for y reps at z weight just what works for me. I plan to research everything from body mechanics to proper form to what is safe for a pregnant woman to do. The human body is an amazing thing capable of amazing things. It is a shame that so many people use the excuse that they just can't fit in the time.
The Bear Family:
Papa Bear (me): only do strength training, can make it to the gym 2-3 days a week, work full time and go to school
Weight: 230 lbs 20% bodyfat 315 bench 365 squat (deep) 425 deadlift 155 snatch 245 clean and jerk
Mama Bear: like pilates but has recently started light weight training, teaches music lessons and works at a DMV
Gummy Bear: kinda looks like an alien from Roswell right now
Grandpa Bear: does strength training, circuits, and runs 1/2 marathons
Grandma Bear: runs
No comments:
Post a Comment